Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Interactive text page - problem using superscript 2 years 7 months ago #7635

• Sara N
  • Sara N's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I've created an interactive text page and want the text written in superscript to be highlighted when it's clicked on, but the HTML code appears in the text of the published version (see attached page where each superscript example has <sup> after it). Is there a way I can get rid of this? Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Interactive text page - problem using superscript 2 years 7 months ago #7636

• Fay
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 87
I can't recreate this problem so aren't sure why it's happening without seeing the project in the editor. Make sure the characters you are using to mark up the superscript text as interactive words are part of the superscript and not normal text on either side of the citation, e.g.
When set up like this it works for me without showing the sup HTML on screen
Attachments:

Interactive text page - problem using superscript 2 years 7 months ago #7637

• Sara N
Hello Fay, thanks for getting back to me. I've tried putting the characters either side of the text in superscript and that seems to have made it worse, the text is getting smaller and smaller following each superscript character! (see attached). I tried putting superscript characters in the main text on the page just to see if that had the same problem but it was fine, it just seems to be a problem in the interactive text. I could add you as an editor in the project if you want to take a look at it?
Attachments:

Interactive text page - problem using superscript 2 years 7 months ago #7638

• Fay
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 87
I don't have access to your version of Xerte so you won't be able to share the project with me there. If you make the project live and share the link with me I can have a look. I suspect something odd's going on with the HTML on the page though. Try creating a new interactive text page and either retyping your text (or paste it as plain text), then add the characters around the superscripts before finally adding the superscript formatting to both the markup characters and the text that should be formatted by clicking the button on the WYSIWYG toolbar.

Interactive text page - problem using superscript 2 years 7 months ago #7640

• Sara N
Hello Fay, it must have been some glitch in my original page. I had deleted the text before and retyped it but I hadn't actually deleted the whole page and created a new one. I've done this now and it's working! Thanks for your help

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search