Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Word list (Woordenlijst in Dutch) only partly displayed 2 years 7 months ago #7565

• EAL
  • EAL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
The list of words set at the start of the project, that will function as hypertext on all pages: called Woordenlijst in Dutch, I have no English version available at the moment.
When displaying the extra information, this information is placed too high on the page so the top is cut off. See attachment. No way for the learners to see the full text.

What can I do? The image seems to be the problem...
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Word list (Woordenlijst in Dutch) only partly displayed 2 years 7 months ago #7599

• ganthercage
  • Thank you received: 0

EAL wrote: The list of words set at the start of the project, that will function as hypertext on all pages: called Woordenlijst in Dutch, I have no English version available at the moment.
When displaying the extra information, this information is Nox Vidmate VLC placed too high on the page so the top is cut off. See attachment. No way for the learners to see the full text.

What can I do? The image seems to be the problem...

try to switch it to english version and see what you can do from there

Last edit: by ganthercage.

Word list (Woordenlijst in Dutch) only partly displayed 2 years 7 months ago #7603

• EAL
  • EAL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
My language IS set to English. No more that I can do about that.
Attachments:

Word list (Woordenlijst in Dutch) only partly displayed 2 years 6 months ago #7633

• Fay
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 86
There's no way around this at the moment. By default the glossary tooltips are positioned so that they appear below the linked word but then will move to above the word if there's not enough room below to accommodate it. In your example, the tooltip also can't fit above the word so appears cut off. We could try to get the positioning to be cleverer but depending on the size of the image and screen there still might not always be enough room. It's tricky because as the tooltips only appear when hovering over the word, you can't get it to scroll if there's not enough room to show it all on screen. I'll add this to our bug list so we can try to improve it it in a future release.

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenjjs
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search