Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Interactive text page - can you remove the auto text that appears on this page? 2 years 8 months ago #7541

• Sara N
  • Sara N's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I've created an interactive text page which I've set to the "Explore" option and there's automatic text on the page which says "Explore the text. Click on the various parts to learn more." However, I don't want this text to appear on the page but I can't see how to get rid of it as it doesn't appear in the source. Is there a way I can delete it? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Interactive text page - can you remove the auto text that appears on this page? 2 years 8 months ago #7543

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi
in the editor select your interactive text page (not one of the groups) then tick the box that says Show language options. With that ticked you will see all the strings that you can customise including button labels and instructions etc. In this case the field you want to empty is the one named Explore instructions. You can empty that field or change it to a much shorter instruction. It will only change for that page so if you have more than one interactive text page you will need to do the same for those too.
Also as a general point for anyone reading this thread: If you ever clear or customise language strings and then want to review what the original values were just temporarily add a new page of that type so you can view the default strings.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sara N

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by ronm.
  • Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search