Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Score >= Passing Score not registering as complete 2 years 11 months ago #7381

• Esfan
  • Esfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Xerte Community,

I am currently modifying a set of SKORM packages involving a quiz. At the moment, the passing score has been set to 80% but the LMS will only register as complete if and only if a score of 100% is achieved on the quiz. Any result less than 100% is marked as "In progress". Has anyone experienced this issue before?

Perhaps it could be an issue on the LMS end in registering the results from the SKORM player or something that needs modifying in "xttracking_scorm1.2.js"

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,

Esfan
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Score >= Passing Score not registering as complete 2 years 11 months ago #7382

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
For SCORM 1.2 Xerte will return the state 'passed' to the LMS if the LO is completed and the endscore equals or is higher than the set passing score.

Because (especially) Scorm 1.2 does not do a good job and distiguishing between completed and passed/failed, most LMS's have a lot of ways to influence the behaviour of passed/failed and/or completion. So, I would look at the LMS setiings first. Also, test the LO in the scorm.com scorm test player, as this will show you in detail what is sent to the LMS.

Score >= Passing Score not registering as complete 2 years 11 months ago #7387

• Esfan
  • Esfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi tom,

Thanks for your help. I have been able to load the LO into SCORM cloud and run a few tests. As you can see in the attachments, a score of 80 is considered a fail. I have confirmed that the Passing Score is still 80%. I am beginning to think that the passing score must be greater than 80% and not greater or equal. There are only 5 questions to this quiz, so obtaining a score between 80 and 100 will not be possible. Will this require a change in the tracking script?

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Esfan
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search