Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Updating jQuery / jquery-ui 3 years 1 month ago #7245

• Geotis
  • Geotis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Dear Xerte-Community,
we are happily using Xerte for our e-learning, but recently our "provider" noticed and told us that we are serving quite an outdated version of jQuery. Xerte is currently coming with jQuery 1.9.1 which is from 2013, also the 1.x-branch is not maintained anymore for a few years. I guess it might not be such a security threat, but we are nevertheless interested in updating it.

I already tried replacing it with the newest version (3.5.1). Due to some incompatibility issues I also had to update jquery-ui (from 1.10.4) to 1.12.1.

At first glance most things seem to work, but all the buttons or rather their styles in the slides (e.g. forward, close pseudo-modal window) are broken. I.e. the button is missing its background-color and the button's title is printed behind the icon. In the former version the buttons get the class "ui-state-default" which takes care of the background. Also that text was embraced by a span that gets the class "ui-button-text" which has a massive negative indent making it invisible. Those elements/classes are not applied anymore using the current versions. I am not able to dig into the magic of jQuery(-ui) to find out why that is.

I managed to find a workaround for some of these issues by applying the needed styles to other selectors and maybe I will find some for the rest. But imo that isn't a very nice solution and might even have some undetected side-effects. I wonder if this isn't a known thing. I couldn't find anything about it in the forum, so I am posting the topic here.

Are there any plans from your side updating Xerte's version of those libraries? Or did someone in the community approach that problem and found a solution to it?

Thanks in advance!

Have a nice weekend and stay safe,
Jens

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Updating jQuery / jquery-ui 3 years 1 month ago #7253

• Geotis
  • Geotis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,
I stumbled over this issue in your github project github.com/thexerteproject/xerteonlinetoolkits/issues/815 (Mmh sry, I'm not allowed to post a link)
It obviously answers my question if this already known. Reading that issue I realised that I forgot to mention that I'm talking about the Nottingham template as well. To be more specific we are using the flatblue theme. I can't really tell, if other themes are affected as well. Let me know if you might need more information.

Kind regards,
Jens

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search