Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How can I export a course that's not mine but shared with me? 3 years 6 months ago #6903

• curryd
  • curryd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
My coworker and I are developing a course together. As it happens, she created it initially, and then shared it with me. We can both edit/publish the course without any problems, but when I try to export the course (because I'm the one who deploys it to the website), I get an error: "Sorry, you do not have rights to this project."

I don't see anything "obvious" that we should be setting on the project to let me export it, but the terminology of some of the settings is a little vague. Is there some setting we should have or some operation we should perform to let me export the course too? Or is that just one of those "you can't do that" things?

We're on Xerte 3.8, BTW.

Thanks,
--Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How can I export a course that's not mine but shared with me? 3 years 6 months ago #6904

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 246
Hi
get your colleague to access the properties of the project where she shared it with you and change your access to co-author rather than just editor. You'll then be able to export and duplicate etc but not delete the whole project as only the creator can do that.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/
The following user(s) said Thank You: curryd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search