Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Results page 4 years 3 weeks ago #6389

• annem
  • annem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Xerte community,
It's me again!

A colleague has produced a very nice Xerte which includes a 'Results' page at the end of the Xerte (only one more page after it which is the Documentation page type). When the Xerte plays in preview in Xerte workspace area, the 'Results' page behaves and provides a results page as expected. When the Xerte is used in Blackboard VLE as a public link the Results page displays well and as expected. However, when the Xerte is exported as a SCORM 1.4 zip package and uploaded to Blackboard the Results page does not display the Results. Please see attached screenshots.

My colleague needs to have both the grading provided from Blackboard VLE and the Results Page.

Is this possible please?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Anne
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Results page 4 years 3 weeks ago #6392

• tom
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 305
Yes, In priniple that should work.

I am not sure which version of SCORM works best in Blackboard (I don't have access to Blackboard) but it's not 1.4. It's either Scorm 1.2 or Scorm 2004.

There was a VERY annoying bug in Scorm 2004 in the latest release, so maybe that is the reason why it doesn't work. But, that depends on th eversion you're using.

Results page 4 years 2 weeks ago #6395

• annem
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hi Xerte community,
Thank you for replying Tom
Re: SCORM zip files in Blackboard Virtual Learning Environment - Results page not behaving as is should.

When the same Xerte is made Public and the link is inserted in to a Blackboard site the Results page works. And the Download PDF button is active and works and a PDF document is downloaded.

Results Page and Graded output
But of course the academic member of staff wants the 'Results' page and the grading from the SCORM zip file to work.

I have exported as SCORM 1.2 (the previous export was SCORM 2004) and unfortunately the Results page still displays zero result content (attached screenshot).

And on both SCORM 2004 and SCORM 1.2 'Results' page, the 'Download PDF' button is not active (nothing happens when clicking on it).

Will I need to send my query to Blackboard VLE support do you think?
Has anyone else got both Result Page and Grading working from a SCORM package in their VLE?

Your help is appreciated, thanks in advance for your replies.
Best wishes
anne
Attachments:

Results page 4 years 2 weeks ago #6396

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 244
Hi Anne
a few comments.
1. Firstly I think from what you described the documentation page is after the results page in your project is that correct? Is there a reason it's after the results page and not before? If you really want the documentation page to be after the results page then on the documentation page you should add the optional property Completion not required and tick that box and then re-export. Otherwise the Results page may not show 100% because the documentation page hasn't been viewed at the time of viewing the results page.

2. Please add a Misc > Stop Tracking page to the end of the LO as the very last page and then re-export as SCORM and try again. When you get to the end of the LO and reach the stop tracking page you should see a button that says Stop and finish tracking of this session and when you click that you'll see an instruction that you can now close the window. If you then revisit the resource and view all the pages does the results page show the results again? e.g. Does adding the stop tracking page fix the issue with the results page not showing the results?

3. What browser are you using when testing this? This could be the anticipated issue discussed in this thread: community.articulate.com/discussions/art...me-come-january-2020 which links to a Blackboard community page but it looks like that page is no longer public or has been removed. I've tested using a simple test project exported as SCORM and imported into Moodle. I can replicate the issue you report with the results page not showing results if I revisit the resource after already having made an attempt. However Moodle shows an option to 'Start a new attempt' which then after viewing all the pages shows the full results page again. But also adding the stop tracking page means the attempt is completed and there is no need to choose start new attempt because the previous attempt has already been completed. You may find this works the same in Blackboard so please test and confirm? This is the very reason that the Stop Tracking page was added to Xerte and should be added as the end page of any resources that you plan to export as SCORM or indeed track via LTI and/or xAPI too.

HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Results page 4 years 2 weeks ago #6397

• annem
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hi Ron,
Thank you so much for the detailed reply with hopeful solutions.

I'm afraid this didn't work. I attach screenshots.
I'd like to share the project with you if I may.
I used Edge browser.

Hopefully when you see the project you might be able to see what could be happening.

thank you Ron.
Best wishes
Anne
Attachments:

Results page 4 years 2 weeks ago #6402

• annem
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hi Xerte community,
This is resolved.
For all users with Blackboard, you need to switch to Student View and then play the Xerte SCORM zip file and the Results page displays.
An oversight on my part (but this happens!).
Thanks to Ron for identifying.
Anne

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenjjs
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search