Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Previewing LOs - mainHolder "visibility: hidden" 10 years 7 months ago #845

• greg.reader
  • greg.reader's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I made the update to Windows 8.1 RTM this morning to find that, while IE11 Preview was fine, IE11 RTM has the same issue as Firefox and Chrome when previewing LOs, namely that mainHolder style="visibility: hidden" (quiz interactions and perhaps a few others are also hidden). Debugger also says that MathJax is undefined in xenith.js.

I've seen some mention of XOT v2.1 beign released - is an update on the way to address these matters? Are there specific lines of the code that can be manually updated in the interim?

I noticed a post on saving MathJax locally and redirecting references in xenith.js but, as I am not very experienced in writing javascript, I wonder if an edited copy of xenith.js and any other files that users have updated to solve/work around these issues could be shared.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Previewing LOs - mainHolder "visibility: hidden" 10 years 7 months ago #846

• JohnSmith
  • Thank you received: 71
Hi Greg,

Yes there is code in xenith.js now to take care of the cases where MathJax doesn't load. Are you working in offline mode or through VPN or similar? Usually the only issue with MathJax being undefined is when the request cannot get to the MathJax server. Perhaps there is some webfiltering or something at play which is blocking the request to MathJax?

either way it 'should' be ok in the latest release but until I know why MathJax isn't loading I can't be sure what else could be affected by your setup.

Regards,

John

Previewing LOs - mainHolder "visibility: hidden" 10 years 7 months ago #848

• greg.reader
Yes, I am working offline and the resource will also mainly be used by offline learners.

Previewing LOs - mainHolder "visibility: hidden" 10 years 7 months ago #849

• JohnSmith
Ah ok, that explains it. v2.1 should be fine then since there is now code in place.

If you wish to test then you can rename the folder at /modules/xerte/parent_templates/Nottingham temporarily (just change it to Nottingham2) and then copy the equivalent folder from the v2.1beta download (in downloads section) in as Nottingham.

Of course you should make a backup before copying files around, just in case...

Regards,

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: greg.reader

Last edit: by JohnSmith.

Previewing LOs - mainHolder "visibility: hidden" 10 years 7 months ago #851

• greg.reader
Thanks, John. This solves the MathJax issue. I hadn't realized that the files here differed from those on the main Nottingham page - I'd been watching there for updates/betas.

Do you know of any resolution for the visibility of mainHolder? I haven't been able to find any in the listserv or here apart from "use IE", which is unfortunately no longer a solution for me with IE11.

EDIT: Please disregard, unless a solution has been found for other browser. I just updated IE11 and the visibility issue seems to have been sorted out. Hooray for day 1 fixes.

Last edit: by greg.reader. Reason: Software update solved issue identified in topic.

Previewing LOs - mainHolder "visibility: hidden" 10 years 7 months ago #852

• JohnSmith
So it works in IE11 now but not in other browsers? You may have to flush the cache in each to see any changes that you have made...

Also, I may have been too conservative with the files to change... you should probably update the whole /modules folder as there have been enough changes to files in there to possibly introduce some incompatibilities with the newer html5 model files...

We aren't seeing any issues in other browsers at this end but I haven't had a chance to test drive IE11 yet...

John

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search