Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Documentation pagetype not downloading? 5 years 3 months ago #5535

• helenmd
  • helenmd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi,
I'm not sure whether this is the correct thread to post this query to, but here goes anyway.

We are using Xerte 3.5. One of my colleagues is using a documentation page type and when it plays in Xerte, or when it is embedded using the embed code. However, we need to use it as a SCORM object so that we can track completion in the Grade Centre.

We are Blackboard users. When we click on the download button, Firefox gives the following error:

Firefox can't find the file at blackboard.swan.ac.uk/courses/1/sar001/c...06213_1/download.php.

Check the file name for capitalisation or other typing errors.
Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted.

I'm guessing that there should be an area to write to, but can anyone help further?

Kind regards

Helen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Documentation pagetype not downloading? 5 years 3 months ago #5536

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 244
Hi Helen
was this a recent export from 3.5? At some point previously code was added so that when a project is exported the download link points back to the full url of the originating installation. From memory I thought that was already in 3.5 but perhaps it was later or at least later than the revision you are using.

Basically the ability to generate and download the document needs to be dynamic (because the user is populating it while they interact) and that download functionality therefore requires php code that runs on the server and can't be part of the SCORM export. This works for another organisation that use Blackboard that I support so I'm guessing this was added after the version you are using. This is one of those examples where we add fixes and improvements all the time and if you are using 3.5 you are 2 major versions behind and even more revisions behind.

HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenjjs
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search