Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Restore previous versions? 5 years 6 months ago #5416

• helenmd
  • helenmd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi,
Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong section, but I have an academic who has made changes to a Xerte Learning Object, and says that he has published the changes but they aren't showing.

The object properties show that the LO was modified today, but none of his changes are showing?

Does anyone have any ideas? We're using v3.5.

Many thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Restore previous versions? 5 years 5 months ago #5427

• Fay
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 88
Hi Helen

Is there a chance he has ended up with two editors for the same project open? Get him to close down Xerte & all the editor windows he has open, log back in & open the editor for the project.

Can he see the changes he made in the editor? If so then try previewing/publishing again.

If not then there's a good chance he had another editor open & the editor he made changes in was then overridden with the unchanged version when he closed down the windows. If you have access to the user files folder on the server you will see it saves the last 10 versions of a project - see if you can find a version here that includes his changes and override the current preview.xml file

Hope this helps
Fay
The following user(s) said Thank You: helenmd

Restore previous versions? 5 years 5 months ago #5428

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 246
Hi both
I covered this in my xerte18 presentation but without watching the recording I can't remember for sure if I mentioned that in these instances and where you don't have direct access to the server you can also try getting the user to do an archive export of the project, extract that zip locally and look at the various preview.xml files. If there is a backup xml with the lost changes then rename that as Fay describes, zip up all the contents of the folder and import that project back in as a new project where you can copy and paste or use the import pages functionality to bring the lost work back into the original project.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/
The following user(s) said Thank You: helenmd

Restore previous versions? 5 years 5 months ago #5429

• helenmd
  • helenmd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
Thank you both.

Ron, I remember you covered it in your presentation, and I seem to remember you having an editor open on a different device. I did go to the academic's office and he was adamant he'd saved and closed everything.

However, I wasn't aware of the previous versions, so Fay & Ron, thank you for that. I'll see what I can do.

Helen

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search