Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Drag and Drop issue 7 years 2 months ago #4306

• instildistance
  • instildistance's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Dear Xerte team,

I am assisting a librarian in creating a Gap Fill page where the students are presented with a set of elements that constitute a whole publication reference. The task is to drag and drop the labels in the correct order so to correctly recreate the reference according to the approved referencing system.
This is an example reference:
Schildt, H. (2014) Java: the beginner's guide. 6th edn. New York: McGraw-Hill.

We are encountering an issue when creating a single label that needs to contain the whole of the author's name, 'Schildt, H.', as is. So, we highlight the surname including the initial and the fullstop and select 'Mark Word'. However, when viewing the activity, Xerte ends up separating the 'H.' into a distinct and useless label. It appears that inserting a comma interferes with and disrupts the 'Marked Word'. So, the end result is as follows:

Label 1: Schildt; Label 2: H.; Label 3: (2014); Label 4: Jave: the beginner's guide; Label 5: 6th edn.; Label 6: New York:; Label 7: McGraw-Hill (obviously all in a random order). There should really be 6 labels in total, 'Schildt, H.' should all be in one single label.

Do you know if this is due to a bug or whether the design does not cater at all for this particular need?

Kind regards

Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Drag and Drop issue 7 years 2 months ago #4308

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 310
The fill in the gaps page allows you to set multiple acceptable answers for a certain position. These acceptable answers are by default separated by a ','.

In your case this interfers with the desired behaviour, so that's the reason there is an optional parameter that changes the delimiter to something else then a comma.

Enable the Optional parameter 'Correct Answer Delimiter' and set it to for example ';'

Let me know if you need further guidance.

Last edit: by tom.

Drag and Drop issue 7 years 2 months ago #4311

• instildistance
  • instildistance's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Tom
I should've dug deeper and read the instructions on this. In hindsight, I remember there was some resource about this particular element of the drag-n-drop. Anyhow, thank you very much for your quick response. It's now sorted and all works as intended.

Many thanks
Joe

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search