Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Blackboard Mobile App 4.0 Xerte not loading! 10 years 7 months ago #675

• A511197
  • A511197's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Hi there,

The latest version of the Blackboard Mobile app (v 4.0) was launched on 26th August 2013. I've just updated my android devices and ran some tests. I noticed my Xerte LO weren't loading at all, I get the message "unable to view this file type". In the previous release of the Bb Mobile app Xerte loaded no problem. I've logged this with Blackboard Mobile Support Centre.

Would be interested to see if the same problem exists on iOS. Anyone else experienced the same problem?

tia
If you can use Lego, you can use Xerte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Blackboard Mobile App 4.0 Xerte not loading! 10 years 7 months ago #676

• JohnSmith
  • Thank you received: 71
Hi Alison,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble - are you able to post a couple of screenshots so that we can see what you are seeing? Are these Xerte standalone packages or Scorm/Deployment packages from Toolkits or just hyperlinks to a XOT setup?

Regards,

John

Blackboard Mobile App 4.0 Xerte not loading! 10 years 7 months ago #748

• A511197
  • A511197's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
This post is mainly for information and to say the issue has been logged with Blackboard Mobile Support (2nd Sept 2013). Their Android engineers are working on the problem.

Prior to the release of version 4.0 of the Blackboard Learn Mobile app we were able to open index.htm files via the mobile app. It used to prompt for opening the file in a browser. Now we get "unable to view this file type" with no option to view in a browser.The content is a Xerte learning object that launches from the index.htm file. Adding htm files within a learning module gets the same message. When we tested this on iOS it opens a new window no problem. Files embedded into the content area using htm with css open normally and can be viewed on Android devices. These are standalone Xerte LO.

Institution Blackboard Server
Bb Learn 9.1 SP11 (9.1.110082.0)

Blackboard Mobile Building Block version

Would be interesting to know if other institutions are experiencing the same problem.

Alison
If you can use Lego, you can use Xerte
Attachments:

Blackboard Mobile App 4.0 Xerte not loading! 1 year 2 months ago #8474

• Alisha78
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 0
hi

Blackboard Mobile App 4.0 Xerte not loading! 1 year 2 months ago #8475

• Alisha78
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 0

Hi Alison,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble - are you able to post a couple of screenshots so that we can see what you are seeing? Are these Xerte standalone packages or Scorm/Deployment packages from Toolkits or just hyperlinks to a XOT setup?

Regards,

blackboard is a mobile app. Addin g the files within a learning module gets the same message. When we tested this on iOS it opens a new window with no problem

John

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search