Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

PHP Fatal Error on login page following upgrade 7 years 11 months ago #3688

• rb49@soas.ac.uk
  • rb49@soas.ac.uk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
We have recently had our Xerte installation upgraded to the latest version (3.2) but I'm having a couple of problems with it.

Firstly, we get HTTP Error 500 on the Xerte login page (but not the admin page). Turning on PHP error logging revealed that the problem was "PHP Fatal error: Class 'Xerte_Validate_FileMimeType' not found in /srv/www/htdocs/xerte/plugins/file_uploading-mimetype.php on line 48"

Secondly, after the upgrade I'm trying to follow the instruction to update the Authentication method from Guest back to Ldap (which we were using before - the correct Ldap settings seem to exist in the MySQL database now). Whenever I change the setting and save it says it saves, but when I log back in it's changed back to guest.

Are these things we can fix, or has the upgrade gone wrong and we should roll back the server and start again?

Many thanks for any assistance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

PHP Fatal Error on login page following upgrade 7 years 11 months ago #3690

• JohnSmith
  • Thank you received: 71
Hi Robbie,

Make sure all the files that should be in this folder /library/Xerte/ are actually there, copied from the zip you downloaded. We've seen this issue before where some servers didn't complete the copy of the Validate/ folder which missed out the required folders. You can check the files that should be there either in the zip or from here (github.com/thexerteproject/xerteonlineto...evelop/library/Xerte - don't copy them from Github though as these may have been changed in that branch).

Regarding the LDAP settings, where are you changing these? In the management.php page? Can you check whether the relevant setting is being updated correctly in the database? Are any errors showing up in the database logs, php logs or network console in the browser?

You should be able to resolve both of these issues however since some files have been missed in the copy then you may need to do a copy and verify since some other important files may not be being copied.

John

Last edit: by JohnSmith.

PHP Fatal Error on login page following upgrade 7 years 11 months ago #3692

• rb49@soas.ac.uk
  • rb49@soas.ac.uk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Excellent, thanks for the quick response. I've had a look and there is a fair bit missing in that folder (including the file where the class in question presumably resides). I've asked my colleague to have another go at copying over the updated files, so hopefully that will fix it.

Given how much seems to be missing it does look likely that this will sort the second issue too, so I'll wait and see how that goes.

Many thanks for your assistance!

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search