Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Problems importing scorm in moodle version 2.3 10 years 7 months ago #503

• rlago
  • rlago's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I've exported my Xerte Online Toolkit project as scorm 1.2 package. I've installed it in moodle version 2.3. I see the course without problems, but when I try to exit the scorm activity I get the following javascript error 'LMSGetValue(cmi.core.exit) failed. Element is write only' and when I left it I can see the activity as finished and I get an extrange numeric score different from 100.

What is happening to this package?

Thanks in advance.
Rosa
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by rlago.

Problems importing scorm in moodle version 2.3 10 years 7 months ago #504

• tom
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 306
I fixed the error before, but apparently only in the lates version and not in 2.0. Excuses for that. Please fins attached a corrected file.

It should go in modules/xerte/scorm1.2

As for the score, it depends on the page you used. There is no score for normal pages, just a true or false. Only the quiz, and mcq give a score.

It should howvere correctly indicate whther you completed the whole LO (i.e. visited all pages).

File Attachment:

File Name: xttracking...2.js.zip
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:

Problems importing scorm in moodle version 2.3 10 years 7 months ago #507

• rlago
Hi,

thanks for your response and your attachment. I have replaced it and the error message when I left the scorm activity disappeared, but the problem with the score value remains the same. I send attached the scorm package and two images with the progress report that I see in moodle 2.3. The scorm contains an Advanced Image page and a Image Viewer page and none of these pages are exercises to get a passed state and a score value of 4. I don't know what is happeming.

Thanks in advance.

Rosa
Attachments:

Problems importing scorm in moodle version 2.3 10 years 7 months ago #508

• tom
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
The SCORM zip file is probably too big, because that is not attached.

Could you please look at the Detailes del restreo SCO

The 4 is probably becasue you visited each page twice.

Problems importing scorm in moodle version 2.3 10 years 7 months ago #509

• rlago
Hi,

the scorm size is 2MB. Maybe the scorm plus the image was too big. The status of the report is 'Pasado', that is 'passed' in the scorm 1.2 protocol. I think that this state should only be returned by scorms which contains exercises. In scorms that include exercises the desirable results are 'error' if the students don't pass the exercises and 'passed' if they pass them and the score value should be the average rating in the exercises.

In scorms like the one I sent the correct state should be 'completed' because I visited all the pages, and it should be 'incomplete' if I left the activity before I had visited all the pages. The score value should be 100 if the status were completed and the percentaje of pages visited if the status were incomplete.

However the results I get are a bit different from the desirable ones and I think that the score value obtained is the number of times the different pages of some kind are visited (score 4 means I visited 4 pages of some types). I said this because I added a text page to my previous scorm (so the number of pages is 3), I visited every page twice and I got a score value of 4 instead of six.

Thanks for your response.

Rosa.

Problems importing scorm in moodle version 2.3 10 years 7 months ago #510

• tom
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
The max size to upload to the forum is 500kB. So that's why it is not included.

SCORM 1.2 in my opinion doesn't differentiate enough between the completion status and the score. I created it primarilly becasue several CMS's still don't suppor Scorm 2004.

You could try to set the optional parameter 'SCORM tracking mode' to minimal and see whteher that suits your purposes better.

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenjjs
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search