Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

installing Xerte en Mac with Monterey 2 years 4 months ago #7791

• Sabine
  • Sabine's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I already have Xerte installed in my 11 year old Mac book pro and have just updated to a new one , I've downloaded Xampp, the zip file is uploaded in htdocs and the message I get is "You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server.". I have changed the access to all "require all granted" as suggested in multi forums but still cannot access. I'm desperate as I have months of work in the other computer that I cannot recuperate for the moment, any suggestions would be welcome.

Just in case anybody had read this, I have discovered the answer which was related to the permissions - you have to grant permission to read and write in the Xerte file in the HTDOCS file and then grant some permissions to xampp. Don't grant too many as others it won't let you back in to the system. I suggest starting with the Xerte set-up file and then moving upwards from there from. Use right click on the file to get info and then you have the permission settings at the bottom.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Sabine. Reason: updating my own query with solution

installing Xerte en Mac with Monterey 2 years 4 months ago #7794

• enheca
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Sabine.

Good night here in Spain!

When you type "localhost" (XAMP is running), what do you get?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: alimcnronm
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search