Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Accessibility Theme When Running Xerte LO in Moodle 2 years 4 months ago #7750

• ap007
  • ap007's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello:

I am fairly new to Xerte. I've Published an LO and am uploading to Moodle using an Xhibit theme. I expected this to be the default theme. But, in Moodle, the black on yellow Accessible theme takes precedence. Does anyone have any idea why this happens? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Accessibility Theme When Running Xerte LO in Moodle 2 years 4 months ago #7751

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi
What exactly do you mean by you are uploading to Moodle using an xhibit theme?
What are the steps you have taken in editing, applying the theme, exporting from xerte and importing into Moodle?
I can’t think of a single scenario where the theme would default to the black on yellow theme. If anything if a theme doesn’t load for some reason the lo would use the default theme with black header and footer and large image icons.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Re: Accessibility Theme When Running Xerte LO in Moodle 2 years 4 months ago #7752

• ap007
  • ap007's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Ron:

It would seem logical. Honestly, it is baffling.

To answer your questions:
1. We are using a basic Xzibit theme (its in the template list - prob by an admin). We add a stylesheet at the LO level of our own for a few tweaks. Then we publish. Stand alone, it works fine. Scorm 1.2 in Moodle as external Scorm - defaults to black on yellow. In the Scorm theme folder, under Nottingham, there is no default theme, only xhibit, black on yellow, and high contrast.

Is there a Moodle setting that may change colour? Just odd. Any insight, Thanks.

Re: Accessibility Theme When Running Xerte LO in Moodle 2 years 4 months ago #7753

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi
you need to get whoever looks after your installation to help you with this.
You say that "you use an Xhibit theme and it's in the template list prob by admin" - I assume you mean it shows in the list of available themes not templates.
You add a style sheet at lo level with a few tweaks - you should really make those tweaks to the theme rather than add at LO level but unless there is an error in that shylesheet it shouldn't cause the problem you describe.
You "publish stand alone and it works fine" Not sure what you mean by publish stand alone but if you mean it works when viewed via Xerte then yes it certainly should. If you mean it works when you export as deployment then that suggests there is something wrong with your installation see next comment.
You say "in the SCORM theme folder, under Nottingham, there is no default theme, only xhibit, black on yellow and high contrast" well there shouldn't be a theme named default in that folder because the default css is part of the core code and sits in the common_html5 folder. The blackonyellow and highcontrast themes should be part of the themes/Nottingham folder but if there is a theme named xhibit there too then that suggests something is wrong with your custom xhibit theme which shouldn't be named xhibit because that is a starter theme that is bundled with Xerte. Your custom xhibit theme should have a different name and as long as it's added to the installation correctly should appear with it's own unique name and will be part of any exports. If it's not part of the export then that's why it isn't loading.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Last edit: by ronm.

Re: Accessibility Theme When Running Xerte LO in Moodle 2 years 4 months ago #7754

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
Hi,

I interpreted the OP comment about the Baic Xhibit theme with a style sheet on LO level like the standard theme 'Xhibit: Base Theme' was selected, and then, yes you should have a them called xhibit in your themes folder.

But like Ron, I don't have any idea why a SCORM package would somehow show in the black on yellow theme.

• Page:
Moderators: alimcnronm
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search