TOPIC:

Padlet in Xerte 2 years 7 months ago #7611

• annem
  • annem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi All on the Xerte Community site,
I have a Padlet in a Xerte and I have used the keyboard to tab to the padlet text area and I have entered some text. I used the tab key to get to the text area, but it was a bit random. Once the text had been entered in to the Padlet, I could not work out if I press the Enter key, Spacebar to confirm that text entry in the Padlet. However, I have not spent much time testing today, and I will continue to test.

Can anyone provide advice and indication of how many times the end-user using a keyboard only has to press the tab key when entering text on a Padlet which has been embedded in to Xerte?

The good result is that I did eventually tab enough times to get the text entry area, but I do not see visual indications of where I am tabbing on the screen.

Any help is much appreciated. I have been testing in Chrome, and I need to check with other browsers (FireFox and Edge).

I look forward to hearing from you.
Best wishes
Anne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Padlet in Xerte 2 years 7 months ago #7615

• alimcn
  • Thank you received: 7
I suspect this is a Padlet issue rather than a Xerte issue. I know Padlet is reported as having accessibility issues. Can you let me have a link to your LO and I'll have a go using Narrator and NVDA (though I'm not an expert user in either!). Send the link to me at alistair.mcnaught (at) outlook.com

Padlet in Xerte 2 years 6 months ago #7632

• alimcn
  • Thank you received: 7
Hi Anne
The Padlet tab order is a nightmare! If you want to test tab order any time and you can't see Tab focus, use the Accessibility Insights plugin for Chrome
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/access...akdaogkfomddhfmpjeni.

I attach an image of the Padlet Tab order as well as a document recording some testing I've been doing this morning. Ironically, the Padlet is more accessible to a blind person than a sighted non-mouse user! The document has more details as well as recommendations. The issue is very much Padlet rather than Xerte!
Attachments:

Last edit: by alimcn. Reason: Added links
  • Page:
Moderators: alimcnronm
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search