Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Suggestions for More Intuitive Question Interfaces 8 years 8 months ago #2875

• david.perkins
  • david.perkins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
I've been looking at the editing interface for questions within the new Media Lesson page type and noticed that there are some minor differences between it and the interface for the Question page type. It would be helpful for users and trainers if there was (in some future version) consistency in the terminology and layout of all the different question editing interfaces (including the Multiple Choice page type).

While supporting colleagues and students, I've noticed difficulties with some of the terminology (which, understandably for historical reasons, appears to be based on 'developer speak'). I've made some suggestions for changes below.

I've also noticed that the way in which properties are ordered in the interface does not always aid understanding of the different functions. This is especially the case when optional properties are added. The optional properties currently seem to be added in alphabetical order after the standard properties. Is it possible to change this? If so, here is my suggestion for a new overall order:

Display order for properties in Media Lesson Question (including optional properties):

- Title
- Clear Existing Content
- Position (Change to ‘Position Content’?)
- Divider (Change to ‘Divider Above Content’?)
- Prompt (Change to ‘Question text’?)
- Question Type (Change to ‘Answer Display’?)
- Answer Type
- - Single answer (Change to ‘Single correct answer’?)
- - Multiple answer (Change to ‘Multiple correct answers’?)
- Feedback
- Synch Point
- Synch Point: End
- Pause Media
- Disable Controls (Is this supposed to work with embedded video? Would it be better as an optional property?)

With regard to the so-called 'Option' (possible answer), could this term be changed to 'Answer Option'? Could the 'New Option' link also then be changed to 'New Answer Option'?
Also in the Option interface, the 'Correct' field regularly causes confusion amongst users (especially when they are creating True/False questions). Could this property be changed to 'Answer status' and 'true' changed to 'correct' and 'false' to 'incorrect'?

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: jjs
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search