Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Questions on getting Xerte Toolkits installed on your server and questions about authentication and user logins.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

XOT web installation 8 years 7 months ago #3026

• epikinon
  • epikinon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello,

Tried installing XOT. The php and mysql tests pass. When I click "next" it continues on to a blank screen. This is how far I get:

Xerte Online Toolkits initial technical checks

Please note the following technical requirements for the site.

A PHP Server running version 5.2 or above (Xerte Online Toolkits was developed on PHP 5.2+, it may work on older versions. It may not.) - Your version of PHP is 5.4.43 - OK
A MYSQL Install (Xerte Online Toolkits was developed on ver 14.12 Distrib 5.05.51a for Win32. We haven't tested this with other versions, or on other database systems) MySQL support present
All of the above can come from a single WAMP or LAMP installation, such as those available as part of XAMPP Project
Although not critical, Xerte Online Toolkits uses PHP mail functions for parts of its code. You can remove these manually from the code should you so wish.
Xerte Online Toolkits suppots multiple authentication types (Database, Moodle, LDAP or a Static list).

At present, with the files positioned as they are, you will install the system into /home2/epikinon/public_html/htdocs/ and you will have a system with the web address of epikinonia.org/htdocs/.

Do not proceed with the installer unless you have these as the installer will fail.

The next pages will help you verify and solve system issues. You will not be able to continue until all requirements are fulfilled.

thank you!

Alex
The following user(s) said Thank You: barco

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

XOT web installation 7 years 10 months ago #3737

• barco
  • Thank you received: 0
Alex, Nice post.

I installed a fresh installation of XOT onto Xampp for our Pilot. The Installation Wizard checks compatibility while installing and gives feedback on what needs to be changed. The install was a Singe.

As for a production install this may have to be planned a bit more carefully. As with any Webapp I expected that I would at least need a currently supported version of PHP & Apache.

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search