Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Questions on getting Xerte Toolkits installed on your server and questions about authentication and user logins.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

LDAP on Installation 4 years 4 months ago #6012

• rowanscribbles
  • rowanscribbles's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi I am currently installing Xerte on a webspace with 1and1. (I've previously set up Moodle and WP and a Joomla site but no real coding- just copy and paste coding). I have the site live, and am going through set up. I am on the LDAP bit. I've never used it before, never set it up before. So do I really need it? If I do - do I need a separate web space or VPS to set up an LDAP server to manage authentication for my xerte site. There will only be two or three people working on the site. If I do need to do this - any links to tutorial or video to set up would be most welcome
thanks for your consideration
Brendan

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

LDAP on Installation 4 years 4 months ago #6013

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 244
Hi
if you're only talking about a small number of authors e.g. two or three as you have said then you don't need LDAP. Just use DB as the authentication method and add those accounts via management.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/
The following user(s) said Thank You: rowanscribbles

LDAP on Installation 4 years 4 months ago #6016

• rowanscribbles
  • rowanscribbles's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I installed without editing the LDAP and then used the Db as the authentication method to manage the small number of users. so its working now and I've accessed the admin area and set up a couple of users who can access the projects page, so going to have a go! Straightforward enough after I got around my LDAP panic, on the set up notes, it may be useful to put a link to the authentication bit at the end to allay fears of new users like me - thanks for the system though and looking forward to using it!
regards
Brendan

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search