Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General questions and topics about Xerte Toolkits that don’t fit anywhere else.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Developed XOT embedding XOT for interactivity. How do I produce SCORM -> Moodle 2 months 4 weeks ago #8873

• alcaine
  • alcaine's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Developed projects using media pages adding interactivity by embedding other XOT(s). The structure is like this:
- Mod1
--Mod1a
--Mod1b

Where Mod1 calls Mod1a and Mod1b and all three are XOT projects.

How do I produce a SCORM or SCORMs to import into a Moodle activity.

Thank you all for your help.

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

Developed XOT embedding XOT for interactivity. How do I produce SCORM -> Moodle 2 months 4 weeks ago #8874

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Hi
if you mean you have embedded separate XOT projects into a parent XOT project and you want to export the whole lot as a single SCORM package then I'm afraid you can't do that or at least it won't give you separate SCORM tracking of each XOT.
Typically you would export each XOT as separate SCORM packages and then assemble those in Moodle so that the learners would see each module as a separate activity. You could add conditions to each module/activity so that they only see each module/activity after completing/passing the previous module/activity if that's what you want.
Also with all the modules/activities in place like this as Moodle SCORM activities you could potentially still create a separate XOT which visually links to each of the Moodle SCORM activities by using the links for each of those activities or just create that visual menu direct in Moodle.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/
The following user(s) said Thank You: alcaine

Developed XOT embedding XOT for interactivity. How do I produce SCORM -> Moodle 2 months 3 weeks ago #8875

• alcaine
  • alcaine's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I will think how to best organize/present them to preserve the unity of the activity. I presented a video in the left panel and paused the video and conducted interactivity in the right panel, sometimes with XOT.

What confused me is that when I export "offline zip" the sub-modules are correctly packaged.

Thank you Ronm.

Developed XOT embedding XOT for interactivity. How do I produce SCORM -> Moodle 2 months 3 weeks ago #8876

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
They will not be packaged at all, but just linked to your Xerte installation. I would expect that to happen with the SCORM module as well, but if you have a local installtion, the offline zip playing on your PC wll be able to reach the installation, but the SCORM package will not in general, as it can not connect to your PC (it would be able to show the packaging only if you use your PC where Xerte is running to show the SCORM package).

Anyway, this is a bit of speculation on my side, becasue I am not entirely sure that I understand exactly how you have set up things.

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search