Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General questions and topics about Xerte Toolkits that don’t fit anywhere else.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Sharing/ exporting Xerte tasks outside my organisation 3 months 3 weeks ago #8828

• nadiaknifton@gmail.com
  • nadiaknifton@gmail.com's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello

I am leaving my position at University of York (who have a Xerte license) to start at University of Leeds (who don't). I've a created a few Xerte objects using the York Xerte. Is there any way I could transfer/ share/ download these? I tried to set up another account on the general Xerte page (not associated to any organisation) with my personal email but I can't see a way how to transfer/ share.

Thank you
Nadia

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sharing/ exporting Xerte tasks outside my organisation 3 months 2 weeks ago #8830

• ymoore
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi Nadia

You can export your Xerte projects and they download as a zip folder. You can then import them to any other Xerte installation you have access too. From the project properties pop-up, select Export and choose Get deployment zip. In the new installation select the Workspace folder and from the project properties pop-up select Import.

You could additionally export the 'offline' zip which would allow you to run the project from a browser on your local machine (by unzipping and opening the index.html file). This might be helpful for demo purposes if you don't have access to a Xerte installation. Or you could add your Deployment zip file to a VLE and run it from there. Neither of these options two would allow you to edit your project.

Is this what you needed?
Yvonne

Sharing/ exporting Xerte tasks outside my organisation 3 months 2 weeks ago #8839

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
Also, I am not sure what you mean with 'the general Xerte page (not associated to any organisation).
We as a community do not provide a Xerte installation.
Ron Mitchell does run a Xerte installation that you can subscribe to (See xerte.org.uk/index.php/en/support-menu/support, Commercial sopport, mitchellmedia)

Last edit: by tom.
  • Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search