Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General questions and topics about Xerte Toolkits that don’t fit anywhere else.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Media Lesson page template and institutional media servers 3 years 7 months ago #6836

• A511197
  • A511197's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Hi there,

I really like the functionality in the Media Lesson page template but can't get it to work with our institutional media server (Kaltura).I know I can upload videos directly to the XOT LO but I want to discourage users from doing this when our general advice is to store videos on the media server and link to them using the url or embed code. The workflow needs to be as simple as possible so I'd prefer not to have users upload their videos on Vimeo or YouTube when they should use the institutional media server. None of the share links or embed code from Kaltura display a video properly.

You can see from the attached file the format Kaltura is providing i.e. https://MediaServerAddress/id/UniqueVideoNumber displays a "download file" link.

Anybody got this to work with Kaltura?

TIA,
Alison

Note: Our current workflow is to not use the media lesson page and embed our media server videos into the text editor using "source."
If you can use Lego, you can use Xerte
Attachments:

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

Media Lesson page template and institutional media servers 3 years 7 months ago #6837

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
Not really simple, but might be a good start to see whther it is possible. You need the direct mp4 link:

kb.wisc.edu/luwmad/page.php?id=72075

Media Lesson page template and institutional media servers 3 years 6 months ago #6928

• A511197
  • A511197's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Hi Tom,

Thanks for this, unfortunately, despite following the instructions exactly the video looks to be embedded but it doesn't play. Shame, thought this option was going to work. Interested to know if anyone using Kaltura gets this to work.

thanks anyway,
Alison
If you can use Lego, you can use Xerte
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search