Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General questions and topics about Xerte Toolkits that don’t fit anywhere else.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New User Questions 4 years 8 months ago #5801

• Metta
  • Metta's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
(1) Is Xerte fully functional in the Opera Browser?

(2) I recently installed Xerte on my web hosting service, and when I clicked the link to register my installation (in Opera), I landed on a page with a 404 error message:
xerte.mettazetty.com/management.php ==> www.xerte.org.uk/index.php/en/?option=co...etty.com/&name=Xerte

Where do I need to go (or what to do I need to do) to properly register my site?

(3) It looks like the default theme/template provided with my Xerte installation is supposed to be responsive, but it is not behaving responsively in Opera:
> xerte.mettazetty.com/

Is there a setting that needs to be changed in order to enable the responsive display?

(4) Where can we download the new XOT or Bootstrap Themes available for Xerte?

With my thanks in advance,
Metta

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Metta.

New User Questions 4 years 8 months ago #5802

• tom
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 306
  1. As far as I know, Opera should be fully supported. However, we do not specificalyy test Opera.
  2. That functionality indeed seems to be broken. I'll have a look. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
  3. There are two options that should be set like the default (see attached screenshot). Also you have to enter your own text. The standard default texts are not responsive.
  4. All the latest themes are included in the latest install (which you have). You select a different theme on the Learning Object itself (see attached screenshot, Theme)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Metta

New User Questions 4 years 8 months ago #5803

• Metta
  • Metta's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you very much, Tom, for your prompt and helpful feedback. I have included a few follow-up questions below.

(2) -- I will be looking forward to your feedback about where/how I should register my site once this link is available again.

(3) + (4) -- I confess to being a bit confused, even after reviewing your screenshot.
-- I thought there were theme/template settings for the website itself (which is what I was inquiring about) as opposed to the theme/template settings for the individual LOs. Is that not the case?
-- Moreover, when I checked the "Central Templates" section of my installation (see attached screenshots), the only named theme I recognized was "Nottingham". Specifically, I found no reference to the XOT themes or Bootstrap themes.
-- In addition, when I clicked the "Update template list" button, nothing seemed to change.

Am I still missing something?

And/or does my installation need to be on a server other than my own in order to have access to all the latest website themes/templates?
Attachments:

Last edit: by Metta.

New User Questions 4 years 8 months ago #5804

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi
I'm replying here but I noticed you sent similar questions via my contact form. Unless you are looking for direct commercial support all questions should be posted here on these forums but keep in mind all responses are voluntary and dependant on available time etc.

3. No there aren't any separate themes for the Xerte workspace itself. If you want to add your own customisations you can do that via a file named branding.css in the branding folder. As Tom indicated the themes that you also referred to in your question via my contact form are all part of the project templates e.g. the templates you see listed on the right of the workspace where you create new projects. The site/bootstrap project uses Bootstrap but the XOT and decision templates do not. That doesn't mean those two templates aren't responsive just that the responsiveness doesn't come from the Bootstrap library.

4. Please be careful using the management area. The central templates functionality has nothing to do with themes and is where you might add new or customised versions of the project templates if you are a developer. If you read the line at the top of your screenshot it says upload a template via ftp and then click update templates. You would only be doing this if you are a developer and have added new or updated project templates.

It's not clear what you are trying to achieve here. If you are new to Xerte spend some time exploring the community website - there are lots of demonstrators, examples, links to further resources, video recordings from conferences etc etc which should give you a good overview of how Xerte is used and then you can seek further help if anything is unclear.

HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

New User Questions 4 years 7 months ago #5806

• helenmd
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi,

I wonder if, by the themes that you can get, whether you mean the Xhibit App? If so, then you can create your own themes and save them to your desktop here: www.xhibitapp.com/

HTH

Helen

New User Questions 4 years 7 months ago #5813

• tom
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 306
Like Ron said, there are templates (listed on the right) and themes (purely look and feel) for the templates.

See screenshot of where to find the themes.
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search