Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General questions and topics about Xerte Toolkits that don’t fit anywhere else.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Help identifying page type 6 years 7 months ago #4629

• samleepan
  • samleepan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all,

We found this learning object: xot.12change.eu/play.php?template_id=901

I would be interested in creating a visual menu (first page) similar to how their first page works. However, I was not able to find the same page type.

I thought this would be under Menu Connector (but this does not support images). Navigators > Hyperlinks seems to be the closest however this (a) links to external pages and (b) does not have the same hover effect for the images.

Did I miss a page type or was this customised outside of the page types available?

Thanks,
Sam

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

Help identifying page type 6 years 7 months ago #4630

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 244
I didn't create that LO but that isn't a page type that you are missing. It's actually a plain text page containing Xerte Page Links to each of the sections with the look and functionality of the page controlled by custom css.

If you want a simpler way to create a visual menu page without any need for custom code here are a few quick suggestions...

1. Create a composite image with the separate menu images that you want in PowerPoint or a graphics programme, save that composite image as a png or jpg and then add it to a hotspot image connector page where you can add hotspot links to each of your sections.

2. Create a column page with the number of columns required then add 2 or more images to each column and add page links to each image.

3. Use a plain text page and a table layout to hold your image and text links to each section

Alternatively repeat what's been done in the example use whatever page type you wish and control the layout and functionality via css. W3css is one example www.w3schools.com/w3css/default.asp

HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Help identifying page type 6 years 7 months ago #4631

• samleepan
  • samleepan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Ron

Great, thanks for confirming and for the useful suggestions offered! Will try it out.

Cheers
Sam

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search