Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General questions and topics about Xerte Toolkits that don’t fit anywhere else.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How to Embed code 6 years 10 months ago #4530

• edwin
  • edwin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, I am a novice in XERTE, I created my first object and I want to share it so that my students can view it. I changed the access properties of my LO to public and got the link below
http://localhost:8080/xertetoolkits/play.php?template_id=1. I also got an embed code. However, when I went online, tried to use the link to access the LO from another computer, I was not successful. How do I or my students use this link or embed code to access my LO from the web??

Secondly, I am designing mathematics content but I am yet to use Latex on XERTE. Any advise on how to use Latex on XERTE or how to design highly interactive mathematics content on XERTE is welcome.

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

How to Embed code 6 years 10 months ago #4531

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
You've installed Xerte on your PC in XAMPP. This works to be able to get you started, but it is not really meant to host objects to other people, because normally your individual PC is not reachable over the internet due to protective firewalls etc.

So normally if you want to use Xerte with students, etc, you install Xerte on a public webserver which is reachable through the internet.

As far as mathematics are concerned, Xerte is using Mathjax as a mathematical library. Mathjax can handle Latex. There is a button in the editor to popup a Mathjax helper dialog. See also www.mathjax.org

Attachments:

Last edit: by tom.

How to Embed code 6 years 10 months ago #4532

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi
the fact that you are referring to http://localhost:8080 suggests you are accessing Xerte on your local computer perhaps via XAMPP or another local web server. That isn't going to be public facing so you can't use that to share with others. What you can do is export your project and upload and extract to an online web server or learning management system etc or indeed import the exported project into an online installation of Xerte that is public facing.

Re Maths and Latex you can add latex just about anywhere you are able to add text. Try a search for latex mathjax examples e.g. www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=xerte+maths+examples
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/
The following user(s) said Thank You: edwin

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search