Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The place for more technical questions for those who want to create new pagetypes or bespoke functionality.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Current Server Spec? 3 years 10 months ago #6661

• helenmd
  • helenmd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi everyone,

I hope you are all well. I'm in talks with our Applications team with a view to scaling up our Xerte installation. Can I ask what sort of server spec you're running, and the sort of load/capacity that you experience.

Also, does it make much difference whether you embed your Learning Objects into your VLE/website, or whether you link to them?

Thanks in advance

Helen

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

Current Server Spec? 3 years 10 months ago #6667

• A511197
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Hi Helen,
Hope you are well in sunny Cardif. I'll get our server spec to you.
As for your other question about embedding LOs into VLE/website. It depends how frequently they want to update their LOs. If they want to update them on a regular basis I recommend using the URL or embed code but with the caveat if they use embed code only it's always best practice to have text just above it to say "if you prefer to view this resource in a separate tab/window, click on the following link [Xerte XOT or bootstrap url]." If they aren't planning to update their XOT or bootstrap on a regular basis then the Get Deployment Zip would be my recommendation.

Hope that helps,
Alison
If you can use Lego, you can use Xerte

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: JohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search