Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the place for questions about learning design and pedagogy; how to use different page types for different purposes.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Require Task Completion to Progress 3 years 4 months ago #7052

• Joe Bell
  • Joe Bell's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Apologies for the novice question, but is it possible to require a task be completed in order for the user to advance onto the next page?

I created a drag and drop labeling page, and couldn't se how to do this. As a relatively new user I'm unable to post links, but if you know the Nottingham Xerte URL it's instance 25944.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

Require Task Completion to Progress 3 years 4 months ago #7054

• Fay
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 86
Hi Joe
There's an optional property called navigation buttons that you can use to disable the next button. You can then add a Xerte page link to feedback containing a link to the next page. This would work on pages where there is feedback that appears when the activity is completed correctly but I don't think there's this kind of feedback on the drag & drop page (each label has some text that appears when the label is dragged correctly but I don't think there's any overall 'this activity is complete' feedback). I'll have a look tomorrow how easy this would be to add or I might be able to give you a bit of code that enables the next button when all are dragged correctly. I'll get back to you.
Fay

Require Task Completion to Progress 3 years 4 months ago #7055

• Joe Bell
  • Joe Bell's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks!

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search