Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the place for questions about learning design and pedagogy; how to use different page types for different purposes.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Print certificate on the last page of Xerte 3 years 8 months ago #6759

• annem
  • annem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Xerte community,
I hope you are well.
I would like to include the ability for the user to print a certificate on the final page of the Xerte. I have a quiz with multiple MCQ questions followed by a Results page. After the Results page (which I know is usually the last page in the Xerte) I have two Plain Text pages, because I have set up a variable whereby the user can enter their name in to a text field and click on submit button, and then the last page is using Text > Plain Text page, displays the certificate which has the users name displayed on the screen and a print button, because I have added the print code to that page.

<button onclick="myFunction()">Print this page</button>
<script>
function myFunction() {
window.print();
}
</script>

The good news is that this works with Public Xerte or Deployment export.

When the Xerte is Public or exported as Deployment the print button displays and it all works fine. That means that linking from the VLE to Xerte on the server directly works fine, or having the Deployment zip file in content collection of the VLE and then adding a link on the site to link to content collection, works fine.

SCORM
But when I export as SCORM zip file and upload to VLE I do not see the print button. See screenshots. Variables and Results etc all work fine but not print.

Does anyone know the reason why the SCORM in the VLE does not display the print button on the Xerte screen? Is it SCORM or the VLE that's the problem?

I look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes
Anne
Attachments:

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

Print certificate on the last page of Xerte 3 years 8 months ago #6760

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi Anne
I did a quick test and there is nothing in the Xerte SCORM export code that would be making the print button disappear.
I think it would be very difficult for anyone to say exactly why the print button isn't showing via the SCORM export in Blackboard without seeing your object and being able to check in your Blackboard. e.g. I tested a simple test with print button in Moodle and the button shows fine.

Also what's the objective here how is the print to be used? e.g. you could add a second result page set to 'minimal results' and you could change the language strings to reflect what you need which would then allow the learners to download a pdf which includes the quiz score as part of the certificate and the pdf could obviously be printed if needed too. In case you're not aware there is also an optional 'ask user name' optional property attached to the results page where when the user click the download link they are prompted to add their name which then becomes part of the pdf.

HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Print certificate on the last page of Xerte 3 years 8 months ago #6772

• annem
  • annem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Ron,
Thank you for your help and advice with this and for suggesting an alternative way to achieve my aim. It works.
Best wishes
Anne

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search