Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the place for questions about learning design and pedagogy; how to use different page types for different purposes.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Drag and Drop quiz onto an image 3 years 11 months ago #6555

• PaddyR
  • PaddyR's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, I am trying to create a drag and drop quiz using the attached image as the background. I am currently trialling it with the 'Drag and drop labelling' page.

The aim is for the student to drag a definition to the corresponding area. The definitions are quite lengthy and at the moment it is not playing well! I've attached a screenshot of the mess I currently have!

Ideally, each description would pop up one by one - once the student is correct, a new description would pop up. Could anyone recommend how I could achieve this? Or should I go for a totally different approach?

Many thanks!
Attachments:

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

Drag and Drop quiz onto an image 3 years 11 months ago #6556

• Fay
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 87
Hello

I think the drag & drop labelling page works better when you have short labels and a longer description that appear when you have positioned the label correctly. See this example: www.nottingham.ac.uk/toolkits/play_8203&page=52 If you really want to use this page I'd suggest having your definitions in the text on the left of the page (labelled A, B, C etc.) and then the labels could just have A, B, C etc on them & would be easier to position without covering the whole of the image.

Alternatively another page type may suit this activity better. Try the matching text page (www.nottingham.ac.uk/toolkits/play_8203&page=54)

Hope this helps
Fay
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaddyR

Drag and Drop quiz onto an image 3 years 11 months ago #6557

• PaddyR
Thank you for the quick response, Fay. It's really appreciated.

Your idea would work perfectly, but I am having a problem with the text description on the page. The label shows, but I don't see the text at any point - either when the label is selected or when it is placed. I have attached two screenshots to hopefully explain.
Attachments:

Drag and Drop quiz onto an image 3 years 11 months ago #6558

• Fay
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 87
I've attached a couple of screenshots. If you have the page (rather than a label) selected in the editor then the text you enter here is always visible on screen (A). If you add some text to one of the hotspots (B) then this will only appear on screen when the label is placed correctly.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaddyR

Drag and Drop quiz onto an image 3 years 11 months ago #6559

• PaddyR
For some reason, the description doesn't pop up when the correct label is place - this isn't a problem for this tutorial though. I think the matching sentence is the way to go for this activity. Thanks a lot for your help.

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search