Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the place for questions about learning design and pedagogy; how to use different page types for different purposes.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Picture size 7 years 6 months ago #4019

• AlStanding
  • AlStanding's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I seem to have a problem where pages are struggling to load using the next button, the LO just freezes. Interestingly, if you refresh that page or access via menu, the page loads.

I have added images, via HTML, in various pages, in this case 'button sequence' type. I am wondering if this is why or if it is the image size that is causing the problem.

So two questions; is it a big no-no to try and add images in pages via HTML code in interactive page? For example, I have done it in a sortable grid page to create a slide the tile type jigsaw(works quite well). In drop and drag, in titles, almost anywhere - just trying to make the LO visually appealing.

Is there an image size (pixels) that should be used? Just wondering if the problem could be the data size in the pages?

Hope this makes sense............

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

Picture size 7 years 6 months ago #4020

• Fay
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 86
Hi Alan

I've just tried the Button Sequence page with images uploaded and it's showing the images ok. Is it just that page where you are having problems? It should be fine to upload images in this way to all pages.

Do you get any console error when the pages don't load? (Press F12 to open the developer's console in your browser)

We don't recommend a particular image size but in terms of loading times it's best not to have a very large file if you're only going to display it quite small on the page.

Fay

Picture size 7 years 6 months ago #4021

• AlStanding
  • AlStanding's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you Fay.

I think I was looking at the wrong problem. I had added a picture rolling 'Carousel' HTML code a plain text page before the problem page. The carousel code worked really well but it seems to have prevented the next pages loading.

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search