Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the place for questions about learning design and pedagogy; how to use different page types for different purposes.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hotspot image question 7 years 11 months ago #3640

• GraemeS
  • GraemeS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all,

I'm relatively new to authoring on xerte and I'm struggling a little with the use of hotspot images.
All of the Hotspot image pages that I have played with so far direct the user to another page rather than alter the appearance of the page that the hotspot is on.
I'm putting together some packages to serve as equipment manuals. What I would like is a page type that has a text field for page info and instructions, a hotspot image and a text box that differs/gets replaced each time a hotspot is clicked.
Does this exist as I've not been able to find one so far? Or is it possible to make this adaptation to an existing page?

Also while I am here, is it possible to set hotspots to change in appearance once they have been clicked so that the learner can see what they have already done? I notice the function is built into some of the menus for navigation pages.

Finally, is there a way of making pages invisible in the menu. At the moment I am putting pages that are accessed via a link after the summary page and removing the forward button from the footer but the page does still appear in the menu.

Apologies for all the questions. I've been rather dropped in at the deep end with this.
Regards
Graeme

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search