Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

SCORM 1.2 export zip error 8 years 8 months ago #2948

• lnowak
  • lnowak's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Dear Xert Communities

At the beginning sorry for my english.
I have a big problem. I made a large project course using XOT v3.0. (my configuration: Windows 7 + Xampp + XOT v3.0). If I want to export the project as Scorn 1.2zip file, every time I create a zip file damaged. I tried to install on another computer, also Win7 + Xampp + XOT v3.0 and each time I damaged Export zip file. I was a little upset because I worked on that course the whole last week.
Moodle does not accept files Scorn 2004 3ed - report File size cannot be determined.

Please help, its very important to me and by the error I can not run a course on the platform.

Regards
Łukasz

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

SCORM 1.2 export zip error 8 years 8 months ago #2950

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
Moode should accept 2004 packages as well (don't know which version of Moodle you are using, if you have a rather old version, yu could have a problem).

Do you use large media files? How much media files are you using? If the package is very large, then sometimes it cannot be zipped because of the size of the package.

Last edit: by tom.

SCORM 1.2 export zip error 8 years 8 months ago #2951

• lnowak
Thank you for the quick reply.
Moodle version 2.2
Regarding the format of SCORM 1.2: I have a 64 image files occupy a total of 5.3 MB, two of the largest are 700 and 440 kB. I tried to delete all the images, but it does not give anything. Still when I try create a file SCROM 1.2, Xert creates a corrupt zip file can not be opened. The entire project directory is 16 MB.

What to archive files SCORM 2004 3ed: both these zip files as SCORM 2004 3ed and archival Xert creates no obstacles. It was only when I try to import it on Moodle, reports the error "XML error: Undeclared entity error at line 1".
Please, hint.

SCORM 1.2 export zip error 8 years 8 months ago #2952

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Which version of XOT are you usinng exactly? Then I'll have a look. (Look at version.txt in the installation folder)

SCORM 1.2 export zip error 8 years 6 months ago #3167

• lnowak
Good morning,
I would like to apologize for the sudden lack of contact. After many battles, we managed to get permission to update Moodle version from 2.2 to 2.9.2. Therefore, for a moment, I gave up with the problem of exporting the course from Xerta to Moodle.
To tell the truth, I thought that the problem lies with the older version of the platform, but it did not. After switching to 2.9.2 there was still a problem with the file ismmanifest.xml. After editing the file, it turned out that between the <title> and </ title> there can be no space, and tags like <p> and <strong>. After making the changes I was able to exchange course created in Xerta and hook it as SCORM on Moodle platform. But I faced another problem. Any images in the folder "media" do not load, although they are physically located there.
So finally my question: what should I do to allow the course to receive images from the "media" catalogue?

SCORM 1.2 export zip error 8 years 6 months ago #3168

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
What version of XOT are you using at the moment?

I can imagine that having tags like <p> etc wouldn't work in the <title> tag, so I'll have a look and make sure that we don't write those out.

in Moodle 2.9, you should be able to use SCORM 2004 packages, which gives you more tracking details.

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search