Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Matching Texts page - hints don't appear, and submit button disappears 6 months 3 weeks ago #8716

• ymoore
  • ymoore's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi

There are hint options in the Matching Texts page type that don't seem to do anything. In this example: xerte.bath.ac.uk/play.php?template_id=2973#page1 I have
- set the hints to appear after 1 attempt
- added two sentences, with a hint for each

When I view the page, the hints don't appear, and the submit button disappears so I can't have more than one attempt. Is this a bug?

Thanks for any insights you can offer.

Yvonne

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

Matching Texts page - hints don't appear, and submit button disappears 6 months 2 weeks ago #8719

• Jonathan Smith
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Yvonne

I was able to get this to work. xot.xerte.org.uk/play_531 The Submit button does disappear when the ticks and crosses are displayed, but as soon as you drag an item to re-attempt the task, it appears again.

I found that initially the Hints did not display, but then I changed the setting to a different number (and then back again) it seemed to clear the problem.

Best wishes

Jonathan

Matching Texts page - hints don't appear, and submit button disappears 6 months 2 weeks ago #8720

• ymoore
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Thanks Jonathan, but I still can't get mine to display the hints (following your suggestion). It also isn't intuitive to go back and forth to change numbers etc.
Is there a specific order in which this page type content should be created, to get it to work?

Matching Texts page - hints don't appear, and submit button disappears 6 months 2 weeks ago #8721

• Jonathan Smith
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Hi Yvonne

You have only 2 matches in the demo you shared. Have you tried it with 3 or more matches? The problem, with only 2 matches is that there are only two outcomes to the task (i.e. right or wrong). It means that you can't re-attempt the task and get it wrong again with a different configuration.

The other thing I did was add Mark at End, and then I disabled it.

It looks as if there are issues with this OP. I would flag it up in GitHub.

Jonathan

Matching Texts page - hints don't appear, and submit button disappears 6 months 2 weeks ago #8722

• Jonathan Smith
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Hi Yvonne

You have only 2 matches in the demo you shared. Have you tried it with 3 or more matches? The problem, with only 2 matches is that there are only two outcomes to the task (i.e. right or wrong). It means that you can't re-attempt the task and get it wrong again with a different configuration.

The other thing I did was add Mark at End, and then I disabled it.

It looks as if there are issues with this OP. I would flag it up in GitHub.

Jonathan

Matching Texts page - hints don't appear, and submit button disappears 6 months 2 weeks ago #8723

• ymoore
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I did add more options as I wondered if 2 was the issue, but still no luck. Mark at end - on/off, doesn't seem to make any difference. Can anyone add an issue to GitHub, and should a developer confirm it's a bug first?

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search