Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

how to retain access to LOs from a user who has left the university 3 years 9 months ago #6631

• olihaslam
  • olihaslam's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi

I couldn't find an answer to this on the forum already but presumably many institutions will have similar experience.

We have a member of staff who is leaving the university. She has created lots of LOs for our team and we want to ensure we still have access to them after her departure. Her university account (with the same details used to log in to Xerte - connected by LDAP, I think) will be deleted a short time after she leaves.

What's the best way of dealing with this? Is it simply a case of making sure she shares all of the LOs individually (which will take ages) with the rest of the team, and we take a copy of them, and publish/share them again? Or is there a better way of doing this? What about the URLs of LOs she has published - can we retain the same URLs?

Thanks for any advice the Xerte community can offer.

Oli

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

how to retain access to LOs from a user who has left the university 3 years 9 months ago #6632

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 244
Hi Oli
the best way to do do this (especially if you wish to retain the public/working URL's) is to use the management area to change ownership of the relevant LOs.
You have to be careful when doing that so it might be worth arranging a short online meeting for me to talk you through the considerations and how to do this without issues.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/
The following user(s) said Thank You: olihaslam

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenjjs
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search