Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Glossary term word not displaying on Thumbnail Viewer when hover text overlay 4 years 3 months ago #6163

• annem
  • annem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Xerte Community,
Yesterday several of us found that the term and definition words we had added to the Glosssary, did not display in the Thumbnail Viewer when hovering the mouse over the image to reveal the text.
I am unsure whether this is a bug.

It happened on different Themes (Xerte Toolkits and Flat White) and using different browsers (Firefox and Chrome).

Are you aware of this issue?

Attached is a screenshot of what happens when the mouse points over the image. Notice that some of the text does not display, this is the term which is in the Glossary. Also the definition bubble does not display when moving the mouse over the term (which displays as a blank amongst the text).

Please let me know if you think it a bug.
Many thanks
anne
Attachments:

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

Glossary term word not displaying on Thumbnail Viewer when hover text overlay 4 years 3 months ago #6165

• jjs
  • Thank you received: 71
Hi Anne,

I've never seen that one before and yes it appears to be a bug. There are a lot of competing events happening and you need to be pixel perfect on the actual text of the word and then you can get the glossary tooltip to appear but it's made even worse by the fact that it fades in slowly and the text is black on a black background so you cannot see it.

I've made a few changes to 2 files to fix both things and have it working here but if you were able to test at your end then that would be great - the attached zip contains two files that need to replace the 2 of the same name at:

http(s):// YOUR_INSTALL_ADDRESS/modules/xerte/parent_templates/Nottingham/models_html5/

The two files are:

• thumbnailViewer.html
  • thumbnailViewer.css

and you should probably backup the ones in your install before overwriting with these two. Then you need to clear your browser cache so that the new files are loaded and you should be able to see a difference.

I've added a default background to the glossary term in that panel (white background) on that page only and if you don't like it then you can override it by adding a Styles option on the page and adding the code:

#panelTxt .x_glossary {
background-color: yellow;
}

Change yellow to whatever you wish.

If this works for you or you have any other suggestions/findings then please let us know here and we can take a look at them. If they do work better then I will commit them and they will then be pushed into both the current and future releases.

Regards,

John
Attachments:

Glossary term word not displaying on Thumbnail Viewer when hover text overlay 4 years 3 months ago #6168

• annem
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hi John,
Thank you, I will try and add this code to this LO project. This code will affect my one Xerte LO project I assume?
So, hopefully the next release will include this code so that the Glossary will display when using Thumbnail Viewer.
Best regards. Anne

Glossary term word not displaying on Thumbnail Viewer when hover text overlay 4 years 3 months ago #6170

• jjs
  • Thank you received: 71
Hi Anne,

I've spoken to the person who administers your Xerte install and have made a few changes based on his recommendations. These have already been committed to our development branch and he will be fixing your install soon.

Thanks for finding this and especially for reporting it. It is quite a rare use case so we hadn't previously anticipated that there would be contention between the image handler and the glossary handler. We'll be checking the other pages for similar issues but in the meantime if you discover any other pages then please let us know and we'll try to get them fixed quickly.

Regards,

John

Glossary term word not displaying on Thumbnail Viewer when hover text overlay 4 years 3 months ago #6171

• annem
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Thank you John and for dealing with the issue so quickly.
Best regards
anne

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenjjs
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search