Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

installationproblems 3.8 website 4 years 4 months ago #6133

• rloenen
  • rloenen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
For xerte 3.8 I want to do a clean installation on my website. That goes well until the setup has to do the final operation and I get an error message of no access.
My provider describes the likely problem in a technical text that I don't understand. This text is in the attachment, as well as a possible, undesired solution, from the provider.
Can someone help me, because I still want to install Xerte again. The biggest difference between a previous installation and this one is that in the meantime, SSL has been switched on for my website and that that would clash with the Xerte installation.
Does anyone know a solution?
Ronald
Attachments:

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

installationproblems 3.8 website 4 years 4 months ago #6134

• tom
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 306
Interesting. In this case it has nothing to do with Cross Site Scripting. The mod_security module is triggered when the installer tries to set the acceptable mimetypes in the database of Xerte.

I can imagine, that this is abacadabra for you, but the best way forward would be to aks your provider to disable this rule, install Xerte and test that everything works fine.

After that the rule can be enabled again. Even when you later on upgrade the site, the rule can stay enabled.

I hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rloenen

installationproblems 3.8 website 4 years 4 months ago #6135

• rloenen
  • rloenen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Tnx.
Xerte is finally back online. Now see how I can get LO's back. I had exported a lot, so that becomes a matter of importing. Xerte also ran on PHP 5.6 and is now set to PHP 7.2. Perhaps that caused problems
I hope all the problems are over :)
Ronald

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenjjs
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search