Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.

Using multiple textarea tags

  • Neil Pollock
  • Onderwerp Auteur
  • Offline
  • Premium lid
  • Premium lid
Meer
7 jaren 7 maanden geleden #5644 door Neil Pollock
Using multiple textarea tags werd gestart door Neil Pollock
Using more than one <textarea> tag in a page seems to upset the editor display window. The first text box will appear in the Page Text editor panel, but any subsequent boxes will appear below the Page Text box as part of the editor window itself (and so can no longer be edited via HTML).

Graag Inloggen of een account aanmaken deelnemen aan het gesprek.

Meer
7 jaren 7 maanden geleden #5646 door ronm
Beantwoord door ronm in topic Using multiple textarea tags
Hi Neil
I can replicate this so will add it to the issues list. Hopefully we can find a fix for the next release but can you explain what you are trying to achieve?

e.g. in the meantime could you use the html view and add something like:
Code:
<p> <div class="mytextarea"> mytextarea </div> </p> <p>some other content </p> <p> <div class="mytextarea"> mytextarea </div> </p>

and then in script:
Code:
$( ".mytextarea" ).replaceWith( "<textarea></textarea>" );

Not ideal but depends on what you are trying to achieve? e.g. would the documentation page help?

HTH
Ron

Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Graag Inloggen of een account aanmaken deelnemen aan het gesprek.

  • Neil Pollock
  • Onderwerp Auteur
  • Offline
  • Premium lid
  • Premium lid
Meer
7 jaren 7 maanden geleden #5649 door Neil Pollock
Beantwoord door Neil Pollock in topic Using multiple textarea tags
I was trying to create table with empty cells where students have to fill in the blanks. It needed to be free text rather than drag and drop.

With a bit of playing this morning, I think I've managed to adapt the layout of the documentation page type enough to do what I need to do. You can see this here: xerte.cardiff.ac.uk/play_8549

Page 1 is the documentation page type, while page 2 is the manual table.

Graag Inloggen of een account aanmaken deelnemen aan het gesprek.

  • Neil Pollock
  • Onderwerp Auteur
  • Offline
  • Premium lid
  • Premium lid
Meer
6 jaren 11 maanden geleden #5991 door Neil Pollock
Beantwoord door Neil Pollock in topic Using multiple textarea tags
I ran into this problem again (I just wanted to add a single textbox), and tried your fix, but I get the same problem.

I'm guessing it's because the Xerte editor sees the closing </textarea> and thinks it relates to the editor window.

I tried escaping the code, but that does seem to work either.

Graag Inloggen of een account aanmaken deelnemen aan het gesprek.

  • Neil Pollock
  • Onderwerp Auteur
  • Offline
  • Premium lid
  • Premium lid
Meer
6 jaren 11 maanden geleden #5994 door Neil Pollock
Beantwoord door Neil Pollock in topic Using multiple textarea tags
OK, not that I think anyone else will likely need to do this, but here is my workaround:
Code:
var newname = 'textarea'; $( "#feedback" ).replaceWith( '<'+newname+'/>' );

Graag Inloggen of een account aanmaken deelnemen aan het gesprek.

Moderators: ronm, julten, JohnSmith
Tijd voor maken pagina: 0.132 seconden
Copyright © 2026 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo