Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Xerte 3.0 9 years 11 months ago #1553

• ad1305
  • ad1305's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Noticing that Xerte 3.0 is available I downloaded and installed it;
Now looking for some examples of what it can do over and above v2 and also some tutorials on getting the best out of it. Can't find much :-(
Also, there seems to be a dearth of guides/tutorials - perhaps no-one's written them yet? Pity as for those of us with only a cursory knowledge of v2.0 it doesn't seem sensible to learn that to then have to re-learn for v3.
Anyone got any advice or can direct me to some online support?
Thanks

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

Xerte 3.0 9 years 11 months ago #1554

• julten
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
We're not developing Xerte 3.0 anymore. Xerte 3.0 is a Flex compiler: if you want to do stuff with Flex, look at FlashDevelop. We are moving away from Flash technology now, and all our momentum is with Xerte Online Toolkits,

Julian

Xerte 3.0 9 years 11 months ago #1632

• ad1305
  • ad1305's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for this Julian - I hadn't realized that I needed to be quite so 'technical'!
I'm pleased to learn that you are focusing on the Online Toolkits and I am in the process of using this to develop my first DLO;
What I want to do with it is find a way to embed it into the webpage that I'm creating and I'm coming to realize that this isn't a simple task as Xerte has been designed and developed with a great deal more skill and knowledge than I can come anywhere near to :-(
At the moment, my install of XOT is on my local PC which I understand to be the 'localhost' that lets me view the project that I am creating. In order for this to work, I think I understand that the install of XAMMP that I had to perform was in order to make my PC emulate a server with all the associated bits and bobs (Apache, MySQL and stuff I guess?) that is also required for the project to work.
So on the webpage I'm creating and uploading onto my own server (through my ISP host (Fasthosts)) for me to view my progress I need help in understanding what I must do to enable my Xerte Project to work on my webpage. I'm hoping through embedding it into an iframe on the desired page.

Is this sensible?
Or do I have such a meagre grasp of the whole thing as to make it not possible for me learn enough to be able to do what I want? Apologies for sounding a bit dim :-/
Andrew

• Page:
Moderators: alimcnronm
Time to create page: 0.639 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search