Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

need some help making my courses more accessible 10 years 2 months ago #1148

• Rolaine
  • Rolaine's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
My learners come to me under heavy stress and in severe cash flow trouble, which means that they come in having temporarily acquired a print impairment and need cognitive learning disability teacher assists for at least at first. I'm trying to figure out how to make a little check mark appear next to a hotspot image connector when the linked modules have been completed. I also need to give them visual organizers, namely a bullet outline master menu of topics, tasks and subtasks. They appreciate having little check marks appear on an expandable master menu that only lists 3-5 lines at a time. How do I create an expandable master menu tree and link it to an sql server?. Moodle is giving them information overload.

Thanks
Rolaine

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

need some help making my courses more accessible 10 years 2 months ago #1151

• coursenligne
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi i'ts hard to answer as I can't really figure out what you intend to achieve...
Let's go from scratch, regardless the platform you are using, XOT integrates a content reader taht is a great help...
While composing you LO/LP, you can decide the interaction with you rlearners. As an example, you can easily create a table of content that shows your learnenr where they are iin the course.

I know I don't really anwswer your question and I already apologies for it...
If I can help I will do for sure...

need some help making my courses more accessible 10 years 2 months ago #1157

• alimcn
  • Thank you received: 7
Hi Rolaine
The standard Xerte Toolkits package doesn't have a facility for creating an automatic tick as learners visit pages. However as Eric hints at, there are lots of features in Xerte Toolkits that are really helpful for the learners you describe. You can see how the different page types can support different types of learners in the tutor guide at vle.jisctechdis.ac.uk/xerte/play_487

Also, if you are installing the latest version of Xerte toolkits and clicking the HTML5 button when you publish you can use browser plugins like ChromeSpeak to support learners who have difficulties in reading. There is also a colour changer button to give a couple of colour and contrast options.

Another advantage with publishing to HTML5 is that learning objects can be viewed on the learner's own mobile phones. If this is important to you (or them) then it's worth creating some of your learning objects using the Website / Bootstrap template instead of the XOT template (you'll see this on the managment panel when you log in - see red highlight in attached image)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rolaine

• Page:
Moderators: alimcnronm
Time to create page: 0.340 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search