Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Struggling with accessibility 4 years 3 months ago #6230

• Manda
  • Manda's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi. The resources detailing the best templates etc for different disabilities is very interesting however we have a diverse student population where approx 20% of our students have a wide range of disabilities. I know that accessibility is a focus within this tool but is there anywhere I can find out which templates, interactivity types etc are generally the most accessible to the widest range of folks?

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

Struggling with accessibility 4 years 3 months ago #6231

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi
you've used a topic heading "Struggling with accessibility" can you explain in more detail where you are struggling with specific examples?

There's was another thread here xerte.org.uk/index.php/en/forum/accessib...mpliance-report#6113 where I replied to a question about a WCAG statement which we are working on so I'm not going to repeat all that here except to say that we have a spreadsheet embedded on page 5 of the accessibility guide for authors xot.xerte.org.uk/play.php?template_id=153 (which is linked from every XOT project created via the accessibility options panel) however we hid those extra columns in that spreadsheet because simple tick boxes indicating which page types were regarded as accessible and which weren't was too simplistic and arguably misleading. We have a high level of native accessibility where most navigation controls are accessible for keyboard only users and relevant labels exposed to screen reader users etc and basic things like colour contrast and text size etc are all changeable by end users in various ways but it's impossible and misleading to say page type x is accessible and page type y isn't because much depends on how each page type is populated, what it contains, how it is styled and what different user needs are.

If you can provide more specific details we can possibly respond but the linked guides and info at xerte.org.uk/index.php/en/main-pages/accessibility should help until if/when we re-enable and re-share something that is page specific.

HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: alimcnronm
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search