Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Intermittent Variable Failure 1 month 3 weeks ago #9045

• Fay
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89
I think the reason that a default value is required is because if the student does not enter a value in the text box then there is some text that can be used if the variable is displayed later in the project. In your case this might be 'no email address was supplied' or something like that.

On the results page, you should be able to add the page text optional property to allow you to add some text at the top of the screen. You can then use [emailaddress] within the text field to surface the variable value.

To add the Xerte project ID to the page text, add the 'surface global vars' optional property at project level and ensure it is checked. Then, on the results page, the project id can be added by including {x_TemplateId} in the text.

Hope this helps

Please Connexion or Create an account to join the conversation.

Intermittent Variable Failure 1 month 3 weeks ago #9046

• tas509
  • tas509's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • User
Hi Fay,
thank you yes, that has worked... Wonderful. But only for a variable that has a fixed value. In my case a lessonID variable where the value is LIMERICK_101.

The email variable isn't displaying at all. I'm beyond stumped. Because it works for a fixed variable but not one where I enter the value. I tried adding an extra page before the GapTest in the hope that it may "set" the variable before one gets to the GapTest bit... but nope... it still doesn't display.

The obfuscated URL is lurking above (as a newbie I can't add urls) you can see what I mean.

Thanks again.

Intermittent Variable Failure 1 month 3 weeks ago #9047

• Fay
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89
You need to add a submit button after the field where the email address is entered. See the variables guide (linked to from editor) for instructions on how to do this. If you add the variables optional property on that 1st page then you can customise the text that appears once submitted.

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search