Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Questions on getting Xerte Toolkits installed on your server and questions about authentication and user logins.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How to install XERTE on public Web server 3 years 8 months ago #6689

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 244
Hi
admittedly its tucked away and we should make it more prominent but if you visit our Guidance and Support page xerte.org.uk/index.php/en/support-menu/support then at the bottom of that page there's an accordion pane named Commercial support. That pane contains the following info:

If you need commercial support with establishing, troubleshooting or upgrading your installation, hosting Xerte, custom developments, training, or any other Xerte support then we highly recommend the following companies who are directly involved in and directly contribute to the Xerte project. You can contact them via the following links:

mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk | delearning.nl

Each are longstanding members of the Xerte community and provide excellent service at great prices.

Some of those links also in my sig and as you're UK based you would be referred to me anyway! ;-)
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How to install XERTE on public Web server 2 years 7 months ago #7630

• AbdulBasit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,

First of all, I must say that you have done great service to all the teaching community by bringing this powerful software free! Within few hours I could explore many features on xamp (localhost).

Just like the original poster of this question (although it is a very old thread ), I am posting the same question. I do have hosting server access, and I have a website. I want to port the xerte learning content from my local computer (xamp) to my server. What steps will be required? Unfortunately, the youtube video linked is not available now.

I will really appreciate your help in this regard.

Thanks and regards,

Abdul Basit

How to install XERTE on public Web server 2 years 6 months ago #7631

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 244
Inside the Xerte download there is a documentation folder and inside that an installation guide.
The screenshots are a bit out of date but the basic steps and principles are still valid.
Once established you can then export your projects from your local xampp install and then import those into your online install.
I note that you posed similar questions via one of my online contact forms. I'm afraid direct support like that is chargeable which of course I can provide if you wish.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search