Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The place for more technical questions for those who want to create new pagetypes or bespoke functionality.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tables on navigation pages 10 years 4 months ago #1012

• 0kee
  • 0kee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi John,
Sorry for the delay replying, got sidetracked with something else. That was the issue alright, thanks for the advice. So you don't recommend inputting HTML into the text fields? Is there any chance someone might make an accessible table template :)
Thanks again for your help.
Thanks to you too Eric!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tables on navigation pages 10 years 4 months ago #1013

• JohnSmith
  • Thank you received: 71
Hi Eric,

I'm not saying that you shouldn't put HTML in those fields, just mindful that they were not initially designed to take HTML, other than the most basic markup. Since newline characters in HTML are interpreted as whitespace and treated collectively as a single space, text is processed internally to replace newlines with <br>.

Perhaps the code that does this is not fully mature yet and needs to be more considerate of the surrounding content when doing this. either that or we introduce a <code> tag which wraps html to protect it from unnecessary post processing...

Will have a think about it...

John

Tables on navigation pages 10 years 4 months ago #1016

• 0kee
  • 0kee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks John. I have a pretty long list and deleting all the spaces is going to take a while. When I delete them in my code editor and paste back into xerte they are added back. I was going to edit the data.xml directly but I'm unfamiliar whit that code. Would this be a good way of going about it? If so could you suggest an edit?
Thanks
Karl

Tables on navigation pages 10 years 4 months ago #1017

• JohnSmith
  • Thank you received: 71
Hi,

You could use something like TextPad and then do a regular expression search on >\s< and replace with nothing. That should then strip out any whitespace that is between html tags...

Bit risky though so should probably step through and you can the backtrack and skip anything that is wrong...

John

• Page:
Moderators: JohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search