Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

.mp4 video file uploading 10 years 1 month ago #1567

• Jin
  • Jin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
We have problems of using Video type to upload .MP4 file into Xerte. I wonder if someone would help to identify the problem?

We installed xertetoolkits_2.0 + xertetoolkits_update_2.0

Our testing client environment: FF 28 and Chrome 33, Windows 7
Used the .MP4 file downloaded from www.808.dk/?code-html-5-video

Test 1 - FF/Chrome:
1. Choose one of your LO.
2. Go to Properties > Media and quota > Click Browse… and select the .mp4 file on your device > Click Import > you will see the file is uploaded > click on the file title, it will show the file path to you. Copy this Path. For example, it will be something like xertepre.cf.ac.uk/USER-FILES/297-sisjt1-...gham/media/gizmo.mp4
3. Go to Edit > Click Insert > Navigators > Embed Content > In the Embed Code or URL box:
(1) Key in URL directly (this will show the video full screen):
For example, xertepre.cf.ac.uk/USER-FILES/297-sisjt1-...gham/media/gizmo.mp4
(2) Paste the Embed code below:
<video controls="controls" autoplay="autoplay">
<source src="xertepre.cf.ac.uk/USER-FILES/297-sisjt1-...gham/media/gizmo.mp4" type="video/mp4" />
</video>
(3) Click Play, through both ways above, users are able to to see the video.
(4) Go to check the server …/USER-FILES/my object folder/media/. The MP4 file is there.

Test 2 - FF:
2. Go to Edit > Click Insert > Media > Video > Key in the Page Title, Page Text, and Upload the .mp4 file by clicking the button next to the Video File. It shows “Upload Successful”. You can also see the file path, something like “FileLocation + 'media/gizmo.mp4'” is generated.
3. Click Play, it shows the video box. Click play, it is loading, but never actually play anything.
4. Go to Properties > Media and quota > The .mp4 file is NOT there.
5. Go to check the server …/USER-FILES/my object folder/media/. The MP4 file is not there.

Test 3 - Chrome:
2. Go to Edit > Click Insert > Media > Video > Key in the Page Title, Page Text, and Upload the .mp4 file next to the Video File. It shows “Upload failed: HTTPerror”. The file path is not generated. You only can click “Cancel”. The Video page is created. It’s blank. No video file could be play because it failed.
3. Go to Properties > Media and quota > A file called “process_moov.temp” is there (shows ‘not in use’).
4. Go to check the server …/USER-FILES/my object folder/media/. A file called “process_moov.temp” is there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jin.

.mp4 video file uploading 10 years 1 month ago #1568

• JohnSmith
  • Thank you received: 71
Hi,

You should update your installation as the Firefox issue sounds like the Flash Cookie bug which stops flash uploading files by not passing the session cookie to the upload script. This is fixed in later versions of v2.0 and in v2.1

The moov relocator also was found to have a bug with certain mp4s and has now been removed. Again, later releases of v2.0 and every v2.1 release has this fixed.

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jin

.mp4 video file uploading 10 years 1 month ago #1575

• Jin
Hi John,

Thanke you. We have xertetoolkits_2.0 (released on 25/04/2013) installed in August 2013 and xertetoolkits_update_2.0 added on at the same time.

Is this a known issue? Are you suggesting to download and install xertetoolkits_update_2.0 again? I assume that upgrading to xertetoolkits_2.1 version is not a quick solution for us as we have change request process here.

Thanks.
Jin

.mp4 video file uploading 10 years 1 month ago #1614

• JohnSmith
Hi,

You might get away with updating a handful of files but I could not guarantee that there would be no dependencies on non-updated files that may interfere with the operation.

At the VERY LEAST you would need to update

/ modules / xerte / engine / upload.php
/ modules / site / engine / upload.php

to the file here:

github.com/thexerteproject/xerteonlineto...te/engine/upload.php

You "might" also have to update the edit pages to pass the right info to the upload scripts:

/ modules / xerte / edit.php
/ modules / site / edit.php

(this file github.com/thexerteproject/xerteonlineto...odules/site/edit.php)

This may be enough to resolve your issues.

Please backup your install and each file before trying the update in case anything doesn't go as expected and then you can return to the previous state.

John

.mp4 video file uploading 10 years 1 month ago #1620

• Jin
Thanks, John.

I tried the way you suggested. It keeps the same no matter I updated the edit.php file or not. I suppose it has other relevant files need to be updated too.

As long as we know this problem has been fixed in v2.1, we can plan for upgrading and can suggest our users to use alternative ways as a solution for now.

Thank you for your help.
Jin

.mp4 video file uploading 10 years 1 month ago #1621

• JohnSmith
Did you also update the upload.php files?

John

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search