Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Lines disappear on Drawing tool 10 years 2 months ago #1358

• isalinas
  • isalinas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I would like to report a bug related with 'Line' tool of Drawing: lines disappear after you save your work if they lean towards right. Maybe I am crazy, but I was joining each mountain of an image to its corresponding name using lines, and 2 of 5 lines just disappeared when I saved it. The distinctive feature is those 2 lines where drawn up from down left to up right.

I finally could name those mountains using curve lines.

Another issue, related to this forum, is that I am not sure if search is working properly. I used "search" in order to find the problem described above, I wrote "Drawing" as a keyword and my last comment in the forum didn't apear as a result, and I put the word "Drawing" on its title.

Kind regards,
Iñaki Salinas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Lines disappear on Drawing tool 10 years 2 months ago #1360

• JohnSmith
  • Thank you received: 71
Hi,

I saw this in my mail and got a strange feeling of deja vu... you see we've seen this happen before but NEVER got to the bottom of it as far as I can remember and then it just went away...

See the thread here lists.nottingham.ac.uk/pipermail/xerte-d...November/002968.html

We definitely never concluded that it was lines drawn from lower left to upper right that were problematic - I'll ask Julian to take a look to see if he can see a reason why that is happening.

Thanks for letting us know and helping to try to solve it though, that's a great help.

I will mention to Tom about the Search functionality too.

John

Lines disappear on Drawing tool 10 years 2 months ago #1362

• JohnSmith
Hi,

Just to clarify. Which Search box did you use. There is one in the menu bar (under the xerte logo) and that is only for the CMS content...

There is then one for the forum which appears in the last tab of the Forum tab bar that appears when you are in the forum. That is the one you need to use to search the forum.

regards,

John

Lines disappear on Drawing tool 10 years 2 months ago #1363

• isalinas
  • isalinas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Yes, my mistake. I used the Search on the top. I did not know there was another one only for forum.

Regarding the thread you shared, it seems the same problem. I am glad to help.

Best regards,
Iñaki

Lines disappear on Drawing tool 10 years 2 months ago #1366

• julten
  • Thank you received: 18
Can you reliably replicate the problem with the lines disappearing? I've just tried to reproduce it so I can see if I can figure it out, but I can't. THere must be some factor at work here...

Do they disappear from the editor window when you click save? Or when you reload the editor?

Any other pattern you notice?

Last edit: by JohnSmith. Reason: spelling

Lines disappear on Drawing tool 10 years 2 months ago #1374

• JohnSmith
Hi Julian,

I just did a test... Drew this diagram:

Then selected "Save Drawing" and it instantly changed to:

It could be that its not lines in a certain direction but every other line or something like that... you see that some of the diagonals that have vanished from the zig zags are still in the other picture although I may have drawn them in the opposite direction...

Don't waste a lot of time on it - I was going to email you offlist - but I was thinking that for the first HTML5 editor we could just use this drawing tool since i'm not sure how much it is actually used... developing a new one would be great but could be time consuming for an underused page...

John
Attachments:

Last edit: by JohnSmith.
  • Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search