Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General questions and topics about Xerte Toolkits that don’t fit anywhere else.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Is it possible to provide Xerte in SharePoint? 1 year 2 months ago #8465

• annem
  • annem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Xerte Community site,
I have been asked by a colleague if it is possible to provide Xerte in SharePoint?
I am inclined to think not, but I want to check with you. Hopefully you can help.
Best regards
Anne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is it possible to provide Xerte in SharePoint? 1 year 2 months ago #8466

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
HI Anne
why do you think this is not possible? Has something changed in SharePoint that means this is no longer possible? Or else what do you mean exactly by "provide Xerte in SharePoint?

If you mean embed Xerte LO's in a SharePoint page then this was possible and there is a thread about this on these forums from 2+ years ago xerte.org.uk/index.php/en/forum/bugs-and...o-sharepoint?start=0 you'll need to navigate through both pages of that thread to see the confirmation from Joe Bell that it works. I just checked the test I created at that time in my own SharePoint and that still works. See the note about the required change to the default embed code in that thread and the permissions that need to be enabled at admin level.

In addition this isn't really a Xerte question but perhaps there are Xerte community members who are using Xerte with their SharePoint who can respond further. e.g. as the years pass the technology and affordances obviously change and all I/we can really comment on is what Xerte provides e.g.

Xerte provides public links which you should be able to use in any system.
Xerte provides embed code which again should be possible in any system but with some like SharePoint may need admin settings to be enabled.
Xerte provides deployment export and SCORM export and certainly in the past there were 3rd party add-ons for SharePoint to allow use of SCORM and a Google serach may result in useful info www.google.com/search?q=scorm+in+sharepo...=scorm+in+sharepoint
Xerte also provides LTI and again there may be built-in or 3rd party solutions for using Xerte in SharePoint via LTI www.google.com/search?q=lti+in+sharepoint&oq=lti+in+sharepoint

It would be great if other members of the community here could share their knowledge and experience of any of this.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Is it possible to provide Xerte in SharePoint? 1 year 2 months ago #8467

• annem
  • annem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
We haven't used Xerte in SharePoint.
And I am thinking back quite a long time ago with regard SharePoint.

Thank you for the link, I will check and inform my colleague.
The support is appreciated.

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search