Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Probably not a bug but a setup error: strange results in course dashboard 1 year 3 months ago #8450

• piair
  • piair's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Xerte version=3.11.21 - Running in a docker container using PHP version 7.4 and Apache
Database = Mariadb version 10.6.0
Tsugi version=22.10.1 (but not used in this case)
Learning Locker = 7.0.0
xAPI endpoint is setup and clearly is receiving data (see txt attachment of one of the many statements that are visible in the backend)

File Attachment:

File Name: xapi_example.txt
File Size:3 KB

It is probably a setup error, but I don't know where to start debugging.
In this scenario the course is shared via LinkedIn, no LTI, but xAPI set and a group "LinkedIn" is attached to the shared link.
Sometimes, the dashboard displays correct (= expected) results, like here:

Or variations of this, depending on how much time actually spent using the course.
But most of the time no completion info is displayed, not even when e.g. the self test has been completed, like here:

Sometimes what is displayed in the dashboard overview is identical, but throws an error in one case and not in the other:

Where should I start looking for the problem? Thanks for any help you can give!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Probably not a bug but a setup error: strange results in course dashboard 1 year 3 months ago #8451

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
It depends on the way the link is shared. I think the problem has to do with detecting when the user is finished/leaves the LO.

Is the link somehow embedded in an iframe?

Xerte uses the onbeforeleave callback to detect that it should wrap up the LO and write the 'exited' statement to the LRS

The problem is that when the user leaves a page with the Xerte LO in an iframe is that the onbeforeleave event is not triggered. So the best way to guarantee tracking (apart from requesting the enduser to save the session) is to open the Xerte LO in a new tab.

Also, if the session somehow times out we get the same situation. In the next release of Xerte, the session will be kept alive for as long as the LO is in the browser.

So, I expect that for the LO's that do not show any completion, that you cannot find the 'exited' statement in the LRS.

Possibly, this is just a bug...

Probably not a bug but a setup error: strange results in course dashboard 1 year 3 months ago #8452

• piair
  • piair's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
The link is shared as part of a post on LinkedIn:
www.linkedin.com/posts/pierregorissen_ai...390931430735872-xW-z
To shorten the link, I used edu.nl
Direct link: edu.nl/emdb8

The number of "exited" statements for the course are indeed much more limited than the "launched" statements for the course.

I did just open the course using the link, left it open and then closed the tab and it did indeed save progress. When I did it again, browsed through some of the pages, and closed the tab again, it also registered correctly. So, yes it could be due to lack of "exited" statements in Learning Locker.
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search