Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Exporting options not working in VLE 6 years 7 months ago #4696

• A511197
  • A511197's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Let me start by saying I have previously had no issues with the Export function options in XOT v2 and v3(previous institution), frequently using Get Deployment Zip, Get SCORM 1.2 package and Get Offline Zip. So, I'm not entirely convinced Xerte is at fault here but I wanted to run this by the community in case someone else has experienced this and got it working.

At my new institution (using Xerte v3.2) I cannot get Get Deployment Zip or Get Offline Zip to work. I follow normal procedure i.e.

1. Click on Get Deployment zip
2. From Blackboard Learn go to the Content Collection space of a course
3. Click on Upload-Upload Zip Package
4. Blackboard extracts the zip file into multiple folders and files

5. Then, from a course content area, use Build-Content-File to link to the index.htm file held in the course content collection.

Expected result: Xerte learning object opens
Actual result: New window opens but learning object does not launch, no error message displayed, just a blank screen.
Blackboard Learn: 3100.0.3-rel.51+917ccd3
Browser: Chrome 61.0.3163.100

Although I have the options of using the project url link or embed code, due to security restrictions we cannot access Xerte off campus which is why I need to use the Get Offline export.

thanking you in advance
A
If you can use Lego, you can use Xerte
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Exporting options not working in VLE 6 years 7 months ago #4697

• JohnSmith
  • Thank you received: 71
Hi Alison,

This was fixed in May 19th for v3.5. It is because of ?version= appearing after the javascript filenames which Blackboard doesn't like, it should work fine for Moodle users. You can see the update here - github.com/thexerteproject/xerteonlineto...090540df7415465db620

Anyway, you can edit the html file within the exported package to remove this or, if you are not comfortable with this then you can download a package, import into a locally running v3.5 and re-export in the correct format.

Alternatively, maybe you need to ask the person in charge of the server to update to the latest version since there are MANY improvements from v3.2

John

Exporting options not working in VLE 6 years 7 months ago #4698

• A511197
  • A511197's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Thanks for the quick response John. We are running a pilot project using v.3.2 but this fix alone is worth upgrading to v3.5.

cheers
A
If you can use Lego, you can use Xerte

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search