Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.

TOPIC: Error trying to 'play' image / management.php

Error trying to 'play' image / management.php 3 months 5 days ago #5561

• Jonathan G Brown
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks, Ron, I hadn't realised. I've cancelled the subscription to the site, which I only tried because I haven't managed to get it working with Xampp. I've tried that again, but still no luck. It's a bit late now, but I'll come back tomorrow and see if you can help!

Much appreciated
Jon
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Error trying to 'play' image / management.php 3 months 3 days ago #5566

• Jonathan G Brown
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all,

Well, I still couldn't get it working with Xampp - the installation process seems fine, but when I launch Xerte, all the buttons are greyed out. I can type in what I want a new folder or L.O. to be called, but not actually create one.

However, after much tinkering / reading posts on this forum / trying to figure out what on earth PHP and MySQL are, I've finally managed to get Xerte up and running on a shared host (a different one - no one-click install!). I can successfully add an image!

The only problem I have now is that I'm at my in-laws' for Christmas, and for some reason their Parental Controls are blocking access to Ron's tutorial / assets (of course they don't remember the password!). Must be a pretty exciting tutorial!

Thanks for all the help and advice,
Jon
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: Julian Tenney, John Smith
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds